The Python Mega Course: Build 10 Real World Applications
Go from zero to hero in Python in weeks! Learn Python the easy way by building real-life Python programs!
What you’ll learn
- Go from a total beginner to a confident Python programmer
- Create 10 real-world Python programs (no toy programs)
- Strengthen your skills with bonus practice activities throughout the course
- Create an English Thesaurus app that returns definitions of English words
- Create a personal website entirely in Python
- Create a mobile app that improves your mood
- Create a portfolio website and publish it on a real server
- Create a desktop app for storing data for books
- Create a webcam app that detects moving objects
- Create a web scraper that extracts real-estate data
- Create a data visualization app
- Create a database app
- Create a geocoding web app
- Send automated emails
- Analyze and visualize data
- Use Python to schedule programs based on computer events.
- Learn OOP (Object-Oriented Programming)
- Learn GUIs (Graphical-User Interfaces)
This course includes:
- 29.5 hours on-demand video
- 85 articles
- 42 downloadable resources
- 1 practice test
- 70 coding exercises
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux).
- No prior knowledge of Python is required.
- No previous programming experience needed.
The Python Mega Course is the most practical course you will find on the web today. In this course, rather than practicing rote memorization, students are actively problem-solving towards tangible goals. The purpose of this course is to get you from zero and help you become a Python programmer. We will achieve that by building actual desktop programs, developing interactive web applications, automating tasks, and even creating mobile apps entirely in Python 3.
You will learn the entire process of program development in Python, from writing a program to producing the final .exe or .app executable which you can share with friends and colleagues. There will be 10 real-world applications that we will build together. These are:
- English Thesaurus – a program where users can get definitions of words.
- Volcano Web Map – an interactive web map of volcano locations throughout the USA.
- Personal Website with Python – a live website built entirely in Python.
- Bookshop Database App – a desktop GUI app with an SQL database backend.
- Feel Good Mobile App – an Android & iOS app.
- Webcam Motion Detector – starts the webcam and detects moving objects.
- Real Estate Web Scraper – a program that extracts data from webpages.
- Interactive Data Dashboard – a web-based, fully interactive graph.
- Database Web App – a web app that collects data & sends emails.
- Geocoder Web App – a web app that converts addresses to coordinates.
Moreover, the course is updated regularly and you will often see a new app replacing an old app. That means with your one-time purchase you will have lifetime access to every new app tutorial added to the course. That will help you to keep in touch with Python on a regular basis.
Before we start building the 10 apps, you will first learn the fundamentals of Python programming. If you know Python basics already, you can jump right in with the first app. By building the 10 apps, you will master Python and gain the skills to create Python programs independently. You can also use any of the 10 apps for your portfolio.
You will code the apps, guided step-by-step by straightforward video explanations, and continuous support from the course instructor. If you get stuck, you can ask questions at any time in the Q&A, and the instructor or the teaching assistant will jump in and help you with your questions.
By buying the course, you will gain lifetime access to all of its videos, coding exercises, quizzes, code notebooks, cheat sheets, and the Q&A forum inside the course. On top of that, you are covered by the Udemy 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can easily return the course if you don’t like it.
To consider yourself a professional programmer, you need to know how to write professional programs. There’s no other course that teaches you that, so join thousands of other students who have successfully applied their Python skills in the real world. Sign up and start learning the fantastic Python programming language today!
Here are some typical reviews from students who have taken the course:
I tried a few online Python courses and can say with certainty this is the best thing I came across. This content is delivered and explained in amazing way- at the end of each section you are left with comprehensive understanding of what you just did- which is something that lacks in a lot of online courses. Apart from great teacher you also get quite a lot of material- I compared this course with couple of bootcamps priced at several thousands of pounds and there’s not much difference in what you take away. Highly recommended!! – Bartosz Bobnis
“This class is the perfect blend of beginner and advanced. I have learned a lot about python but this lets me apply it! highly recommend! UPDATED A year later I have a job in the field and still, come back to reference his stuff! Great work”! – Taylor Ferguson
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be able to learn Python and find a job after completing this course?
I have heard of quite a few success stories where students have rigorously followed the course and have found a job afterward. However, whether you will be able to learn Python and be job-ready heavily depends on you.
If you merely watch the videos, you will hardly learn anything without trying things on your own computer. Instead, try the code on your computer, change the code, run it, improve it further, rerun it, fix the possible errors, try making a similar app, repeat, ask questions in the Q&A when you get stuck, and try to solve all the exercises in the course. That way, you will undoubtedly learn how to program with Python and find a job.
How much time will I need to complete the course?
That depends on two factors:
(1) Your background: Someone coming from a math or computer science background may be able to complete the course in a shorter time compared to someone coming from a social science background, for example.
(2) The effort you put in: If all you do is passively watching the videos, you may finish the course in two days. However, merely watching the videos is not enough. You need to experiment with the code you see in the videos. The more you experiment with it, the better you become.
Depending on the two factors I mentioned above, students spend from one week to three months to complete the course, most spending one month.
I don’t know anything about programming. Will I still be able to learn Python?
This course assumes you have no previous knowledge of programming. Whenever a programming term is mentioned in the class (e.g., a variable), that term is explained thoroughly, so you not only understand how to use that particular term in Python, you also understand what that term means in programming.
Will I get support if I get stuck?
Yes. Feel free to drop a question in the Q&A, and I, or my teaching assistant, will answer your questions within the same day.
Does this course cover Python 2 or Python 3?
What IDE/editor is used in the course?
We use Visual Studio Code in the course. However, you can use your favorite IDE. PyCharm, Atom, and even IDLE will work correctly.
Does the course expire?
No. Once you buy the course, it’s yours. We update the content regularly, and all the updates come to you for free in the one-time purchase you make.
Who this course is for:
- Those with no prior knowledge of Python.
- Those who know Python basics and want to master Python
How can learn this Course?
1.Create Account / Login on Udemy.com
2. Learn Course by Enroll in this Course